This is my Grandma Paula on her wedding day..
She is so hot...
Grandma Paula was the best grandma ever.. now I know that we must all say that about our grandma's but she truly was.
She was the most active grandma ever. She would take us camping, swimming, drive- in movies, sledding, park, shopping.. Anything you can imagine.
Grandma was one that would say " what should we do this weekend??" She would then get some idea in her head and away we would go. All of us kids. Tyler Lindsay Laura Kenny Tiffiney Ryan Eric would load up in the Milwaukee brewers custon van and away we would go. Whatever the destiantion whatever the plan we knew it was going to be fun.
One year Grandpa was going to be in Illinois for Thanksgiving I think it was. He was driving truck at the time and would not be home. She asked my mom what her plans were for the holiday, of course it was not a lot. Well Grandma had a fresh hundred dollar bill in her pocket and it was burning a hole. So away we went. We jumped in the blue carf and were gone. Rockford here we come.
I know this is where I get my craziness from.. My granny.
There are so many examples of her fun times. So many I cant name them all.
Grandma was a convert to the church and she loved it from the minute she joined to the day of her death. She had served a full time mission at the Arizona family history center and had been released two weeks beofore her death. She served the church will all of her heart and faith. This is another trait I get form her.
Of trust me she had her faults, she swore with the best of them. ( I blame this on her also.) She could make a sailor blush..
Her many talents included
Her organ.. she loves that thing. she would play at five am. (I'm not kidding either) and her singing was terrible. Her favorite organ song 'Alley cat'
She was a great cook, she could bake the best stuff. What I would not give to have a fresh warm scone hot out of the oil with her fresh raspberry jam. My mouth waters just thinking of it.
I am a better person because of this women. I miss her everyday of my life. I know that she is with me always. Gandma and Grandpa are dancing in heaven watching over us.
Grandma's birthday is coming up February 11th. She would have turned 80..
Grandma died two weeks before Scott and I got married. This was so hard on me. When I see her again I will have a stern talk with her about that. But I know that she was with me that day.
My grandparents did sooo much for me and my family growing up. I named Joe after my grandpa, and Spencer after my uncle.
I love her so much and think about them always.. Thank you so much for everything that you did for me and all you taught me. I am a better person, wife, mother, daughter of god because of you. Love you tons.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Ode to my grandma...
Posted by Tiffy!! at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Pretty big shoes you have to fill Tiff. What a wonderful Heritage...
awww! I miss our Grandma too! can't wait to see her again! do you remember when she would give us the change whenever we went to the store with her? she'd always say save it for a rainy day! I love that lady!
My Grandma Nora died on January 9th at age 80 and I cannot get over the great void she left. Life is too short.
Post a Comment