I saw a blog on how to make your like succesful.
These are some great tips on how to make you life ful-filling. I love them all, if I could just be better at taking the time to do them...
*Stop watching TV at night.
*Journal at least once a week. (You know I couldn't resist that one!)
*Commit to no computer time for a specified time each day.
*Go on a date at least once a week with your spouse.
*Have a weekly family game night.
*Invite your neighbors over for dessert once a month.
*Pray as a family before leaving the house in the morning./or at night
*Take each of your kids on a special date once a month.
*Plan a quarterly night out with your girlfriends.
*Be home everyday (and off of your computer) before your kids and/or spouse gets home. Greet them with an "I'm glad you're home", a smile, and a hug. (This may seem corny but you'd be surprised at what a big difference this little thing makes to the rest of your evening.)
*Sit and listen to how your loved ones' day went when they arrive home.
*Eat dinner as a family (or with close friends) a few nights a week.
*Sit on the couch with the windows open and just listen to the rain...or go out and play in it.
*Drop by a friend's house for coffee or hot chocolate or something. (James Dobson talks about how we've lost our sense of community...no one just drops by anyone's house for tea, or cookies, and then sits and chats away the afternoon talking about "nothing and everything". We're all too busy for real life and the living, breathing person next to us.)
*Laugh about all of the silly things that have happened this year. Just sit around and tell the stories to each other.
*Make time for the people in your life. Stop networking and start thinking about having meaningful relationships.
*Sit around the table with friends and talk until late at night.
What do you think? Tell me your opinons or things that you do for yourself and for family..
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Great tips for a new year!!
Posted by Tiffy!! at 5:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Wow, a lot to do and think about. Could I take it one at a time. Like change my life once a month? All that goodness would put me in a coma, I think. I am just not that nice.
Post a Comment