Friday afternoon I walked outside, and this is what I saw. A fire had started in Spring Lake, just a few short miles from my house. I called Scott and told him how close it was and asked what I should do.. He told me that I over react and that it was fine and that it would not even come over close to us. This picture was taken at about 4:30.
5:00 it's going more up the mtn now and looks like we will be fine.
about 8-9 that night getting super close.
9:30.
This is the street above house, it is now being evacuated. I have never been so scared. it's fun to watch until you see the flames racing toward you, and your home and your neighbors and friends homes.
This picture was taken right before we were evacuated. The street above us went first and Scott told me we were fine. Next thing we know the fire engines and police are on our street telling us to get in the cars and leave the area.
I threw the kids ini the car and went with some friends to their relatives home in another part of Payson. Scott stayed home to pack up some stuff. I had him grab photo albums, my wedding ring, and some family heirlooms that can not be replaced. He asked if he should pack up his elk and deer head and get them ready to go if the fire got any closer..
I have to say this was so scary for me. I was not prepared for this to happen.
Our home was never in any danger. But it was terrifying to sit and watch and know that we had ward members and friends homes that were in danger of the fire.The riley's home had the fire go all the way around it, they have burnt tree's right on their lawn. They own the orchards and they did not loose them. Alan had the sprinklers on and kept moving the water lines. I know the we were all watched over and protected.
The other hard part of this was all the people that came to watch and see what was going on. It was so chaotic and hectic. I had people sitting in front of my driveway and I had to honk at them to move so I could evacuate my home. I think if we ever have another emergency like this I need to remain more calm and not over react like I did.
This was a good fire drill and I will know be getting more prepared for an emergency because it's not if, it's when..



2 comments:
How scary. I can't believe how close that got.
Hey you know you always have an invitation up here. We have enough beds for everyone and rooms, we just don't have any couches but who needs those anyway, right?
That is crazy! Thats the kind of stuff that always happens to other people!!!!! Im glad you guys are safe.
Post a Comment